Paramount question

glynnw · 3944

Offline glynnw

on: January 09, 2012, 07:05:09 AM
My love affair with Bottlehead began when I heard a pair of amps using your cobalt transformers.  Any chance of a full-out assault like this on the Paramount iron?  And before I get too excited, any estimate of cost in today's market?

PC, J River software, opticaRendu, Schitt Ygg DAC,Tortuga Pre, Torta Radu tube buffer, Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10, Spatial Audio X5w/pair of GR Research dual 12" open baffle servo subwoofers tamed by DSpeaker Dual-Core DSP , Audience AU24 SE  spkr cable, handmade silver interconnects,

Offline mqracing

Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:24:04 AM
Hi Tony:

Thanks for the Christmas card! 

Yes... the price of cobalt could well dampen one's acquisitions appetite.

I do plan on looking at doing a special version of our TFA-2204 Junior shortly.

I'm looking at some nano crystalline c-cores and will explore also the possibility
of a cobalt core for this guy.

Will post up additional info and details as they become available.

MSL

Offline John Roman

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:41 AM
Hello MSL,
Any progress on the special upgraded Paramount iron?
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline mqracing

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:55:49 AM
Hello MSL,
Any progress on the special upgraded Paramount iron?
John

Hello.  And thank-you for your interest in the Paramount iron.  Please note that we do offer the
Paramount output trans in an all nickel configuration.  For a cobalt project we will probably need
to go for a core size that is more widely used in our lineup--- the upfront costs of getting supplies
is huge and we need equally large "fields of applications" to make it doable.  So in the short term
I don't think cobalt will be available for a special Paramount output.

MSL