Other Gear > Speakers

The Whamodyne files - ancient Bottlehead history

<< < (2/3) > >>

cspirou:
@Grainger

My post was not about Dan but about Keim, who I quoted directly. Also I wasn't questioning what various interests our wives have but rather on his use of the term WAF itself.

Brent:
Gaël,

I don't think there is a discrepancy here: the speakers sound good but may not look good in your living room. Kim wasn't selling them, he was just describing them. As to whether you're "supposed" to aim for high WAF, that's up to the individual I guess.

Brent

Keim:

--- Quote from: cspirou on October 30, 2014, 05:56:32 AM ---I realize I am answering this 5 years later. But doesn't a low WAF mean that your wife doesn't like them? Aren't you suppose to aim for a high WAF?

--- End quote ---

Much like you were slow in asking the question, I am slow in answering.  Yes-Wife Acceptance Factor.  In my case my wifes opinion of the looks of the speaker was not important.  They are in the basement, where I decorate.  ;)

On another note-I still use these speakers.  Just started bi-amping them using a minidsp 2x4hd and a Harman Kardon amp.  They respond REALLY well to bi-amping.

Llewellen:
Reading through the archives brought back a lot of fond memories of the "good old days" when Valve was published in hard copy.

I still have a full compliment of drivers and tweeters in original boxes, and a set of fully dimensioned drawings that I did for the Whampipes.

However, I couldn't find dimensions for the original Superwhamodyne and sub, which I'm thinking I might finally build up.  Anyone have them or know where to find them?  Thanks.

Keim:
I have them somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version