SELLING SITES

Guest · 2234

4krow

on: January 20, 2012, 08:39:34 AM
Lately, I have tried to muddle through the Audiogon site so that I might make a new listing for a product that I want to sell. But, as some of you know, the site is going through 'rehab', and has troubles of it's own. I would like to know of a reputable site(No, not Ebay)that I could use. Any ideas?  Thx, Greg

Offline jimbop

Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:44:55 PM
AudioAsylum has free classifieds, and their traffic has been increasing since Audiogon changed the site.

4krow

Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 05:36:00 PM
Thank you SO much! AD has been placed under 'accessories'.

Offline ironbut

Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 08:03:46 AM
Speaking of which,..
Where do you guys sell stuff like transformers and high $$ caps when you don't need them anymore? I see stuff like that on AA's classified every now and then but it doesn't seem to reflect the number of DIY fans out there.
Not that I'd like to sell any, but it would be cool if there was somewhere that I could buy used caps to roll.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 09:45:33 AM by ironbut »

steve koto

Offline glynnw

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:39:56 AM
Audio Circle also lists ads, although I have never used it.

PC, J River software, opticaRendu, Schitt Ygg DAC,Tortuga Pre, Torta Radu tube buffer, Linear Tube Audio ZOTL10, Spatial Audio X5w/pair of GR Research dual 12" open baffle servo subwoofers tamed by DSpeaker Dual-Core DSP , Audience AU24 SE  spkr cable, handmade silver interconnects,

4krow

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:38:07 AM
I would like to say one more thing on this subject,  I ask, Please, what I am seeing on other websites right now, don't ever let that happen here.  Maybe someone felt a need to 'improve' their website, or maybe a salesman stopped by and sold absolute crap to the site, and it ends up going in a different direction that can't be stopped. In the case I am thinking of, going from a good place to a place that can't even be logged onto anymore! What a shame. Wow.   Then I find this site and I AM so very impressed, that it scares me to think that something like could ever happen here. God forbid. I mean it. Places like this one are rare, and I am actually thankful that I found it(with a little help from a friend). Not that this is a selling site, but every bit as useful and informative.

Offline John Roman

Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:44:56 AM
I've been enjoying Bottlehead products for several years and find the forums very informative. Paul Joppa is a knowledgeable designer and gracious contributor, as are many others. There is a genuine enthusiasm found here that allows one to learn and ask the challenged question or two without fear of repercussion.
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

Offline Grainger49

Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 10:34:12 AM
Greg,

Don't worry!  Dan and the Bottlehead crew don't allow posters with bad attitudes.  Here is the link to the old AA hosted forum:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/bottlehead/bbs.html

Browse around and you will find that Dan's forums have earned a reputation as the kindest and most helpful on the net.