The MAC Mini Thread

Natural Sound · 13431

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 06:33:37 AM
Ok, but then what happens when you have broken files?  I've been doing this for far more years than you've been alive and I choose to not use SSDs with windows at this point -- does that meet with your approval?

As for testing and research methods, I'm also well versed in those and since audio is basically a subjective experience, much of the objective testing you suggest tells an experienced audio person very little.  And FYI, all my testing is blind :-).

You seem very certain in your knowledge so that's fine -- ignorance is bliss.

Enjoy the soundd of your cooling fans and I'll not be engaging you on this or any other topic from here on out.

Toodlooski,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline brianf7408

Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 06:48:09 AM
According to Intel, ramicio is correct.

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-029623.htm#5

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:43 AM
Once again I am forced to lock a thread that may contain useful information, but one in which that participants are mistaking intolerance for each other with useful contribution. Guys, cut the insults and limit the discussions here to the sharing of information. I will not tolerate this.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.