1st Bottlehead kit, very pleased

Oldlistener50 · 2489

Offline Oldlistener50

on: February 15, 2012, 01:13:57 PM
Finished my Seduction over the weekend and I'm really happy with the quality of the components.  It was fun to build and I'm really enjoying the sound.  Adds some nice crispness to my favorite albums and I've heard some notes that weren't apparent before. 

Going to listen some more before I put the C4S upgrade in so that I can better appreciate the difference before & after.

Also I got some valuable help from several folks here when I ran into questions and a problem, the help was much appreciated!  Great group of people here.  I'm hoping to be able to attend a listening event sometime if there's one in the Baltimore vicinity.

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:27 AM
Congratulations! I really like my Seduction too. For what it's worth, I waited to long to upgrade to C4S (about 5 years). Every time I went to pull it out of my system, I would sit down to get a baseline listen, and get up 4 hours later to go to bed. So do yourself a favor, listen to it for a little longer, then do the C4S, it's really a big step up. Enjoy.

Pfenning

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 01:21:06 PM
Oldlistener, You are in luck The Bottleneck group is in your "neck" of the woods. our next meet is in Elkton Library for Saturday May 12 from 12:30 - 4:30 Check out the thread about 2 pages down in gen discussion

http://www.bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,1917.msg14693.html#msg14693

There is no need to build a speaker to come and enjoy...John 

John Scanlon

Offline Oldlistener50

Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 02:15:57 PM
Ah very cool!  It's on the calendar.  Thanks.

Offline mchurch

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 02:23:32 PM
The Seduction was my first kit as well. Wait till you add the C4S it really does make an improvement.  I guess the name Seduction is appropriate as I went on to build the Foreplay and Paramounts. As soon as I get finished with some winter projects here I am going to be adding a few more kits to my system. I really want to improve my reel to reel playback next.

Regards;

Mike