Any "mour" updates?

Jim R. · 14534

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
on: November 27, 2009, 03:52:44 PM
Just curious as it's been a while since we heard much more about this amp.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 04:53:05 PM
At the moment we're still awaiting samples of the final revision to the output transformer. Then we make a proof-of concept prototype, then the full production prototype/photo model for the manual.

The first prototype barely made 2 watts, due to a variety of small mistakes in my transformer designs and some wiring slip-ups - and I don't want to go anywhere until I prove to myself that it will make at least 3.5 watts. Other than that it sounded really good.

Paul Joppa

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 11:48:04 AM
Thanks, Paul.

Well, you guys are certainly adventurous designing your own iron for these kits, but as that's a good part of where the rubber meets the road with SET amps, we do appreciate it and understand that this is what can happen.

-- Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:52:14 PM
Good news, it looks like we have an output transformer prototype that meets our spec. So we are one major step closer to this kit being ready. We still have a quite a bit of work to do to get it ready for sale, but we should be able to deliver a price and an ETA in the next few weeks.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 05:50:05 AM
Thanks, Doc. Appreciate the info.

-- Jim

Offline shelby1420

Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 02:24:48 PM
A question for Doc or Paul, is the Steremour gonna have a headphone connector??  Started getting into headphone listening as of late and had originally thought of the SEX amp as it gives both 2 watts and a headphone amp.....  would love the Steremour to have one also...... humble apologies if this was already covered, i did look but could find nothing....

Enjoying the music

Rick

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 02:38:26 PM
There will be no headphone connector, as there will be AC on the 2A3 filaments, and they will likely be too noisy for headphone use.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 12:33:42 PM
Though we've been quiet about it, Stereomour has been seeing quite a bit of progress lately. I just received the chassis plate for what we hope to be the final pre production prototype, and as soon as some PC boards arrive PJ and I will build this one up. If all goes as planned we will be ordering up production chassis, doing our final cost out to finalize the price, and getting an order page up. Keep your fingers crossed and we might have this all done by early to mid-May.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Bryon

Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 01:27:06 PM
Any more thoughts on a Stereomour summer camp?

might be fun

Bryon

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 04:20:37 PM
Check back with me in a few weeks. We are looking at the possibility of a new facility that might accommodate classes on a fairly regular basis.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.