Price increase looming

Doc B. · 4453

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: March 09, 2012, 03:25:12 PM
We had mentioned when we released these that I was just trying to use up some wire that we mis-ordered. Thus I priced this kit quite a bit lower than I normally would and mentioned that it would have to increase if we sold out the original batch of wire.

Well, that was about four or five batches of wire ago, as these cords have been selling like crazy. Meantime the cost has gone up again. Ouch - once again we try to make up for money lost on every product by selling lots of them at a loss! So the price has got to go up. But we will, as usual, create a period of time where you can get the cord kits at the current price. On Sunday March 18th the price of the power cord kit will increase to $84.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 03:19:29 AM
Retirement funds and your post gave me the nudge.  I ordered two!

Offline BNAL

Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:34:10 AM
What is this, the government report on inflation only indicates it is only about 2%? That's right they only count the items that have stable prices and things we don't need.

I'll have to order a couple cords as well.

Brad Nalitt
Iron Upgraded S.E.X. Amp 2.0
Foreplay III
Quickie w/PJCCS
Eros Phono
Blumenstein Orca Speakers, Baby Benthic Subs
S.E.X.y Speakers W/FT17H Horn Tweeters
Thorens TD 125 MkII W/ Shure M97xE JICO SAS Stylus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:37 AM
Gas and fuel oil have gone up a little more than 2% (!)...the notorious UPS fuel surcharge is always a nasty surprise that raises the cost of getting parts delivered. Steel isn't worth much at the recycler but guys are competing around here to haul away your aluminum and copper scrap, even offering to pay some cash because those materials have been going up so much. Our rent goes up something like 11% per year.

However the bulk of this particular price increase is due to the fact that we put this kit out initially with the idea of eating some of the cost, since I thought we would just sell a few and that would be that. And then they just kept selling. When we first put these out the materials costs indicated that we should have been selling them for something closer to $80. We have been slowly converting all of our power cords in the big system (maybe 24 cords total, and we have replaced maybe 10 of them so far) to these cords and we do hear an improvement in the noise floor from it.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:58:12 AM
The 2% is a government number.  I don't believe that.  We all know what life costs us and my costs have gone higher than a 2% increase.

Now I have to buy a bench vise, and a bench.  Woo! Hoo! I get to go to Harbor Freight again!  

The Micronta VOM made me smile.  I started selling audio gear/electronics at Radio Shack back in the late 60s.  They had some good products back then.  : )
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:44:17 AM by Grainger49 »