inputs

tuffy_puppy · 2315

Offline tuffy_puppy

on: May 04, 2012, 03:04:04 PM
hello all,  i now have a sex 2.1 with some upgrades and, needing more than one input, i obtained a foreplay three (extended) with  available upgrades in order to have the three inputs i need.  now i am told that the 2a3 tubes are capable of providing a higher level of performance than i will be getting with my current stuff....so i am trying to find out how many inputs the stereomour has.  since i  am a practicing doofus i have shawn assemble my bh gear.  i cannot tell how many inputs the stereomour has.  info, please?  thanks,  don

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 03:30:52 PM
Three.  It's the same as the Foreplay, using the same switch and RCA jacks, but a simple stereo pot rather than the dual mono switched attenuators.

Paul Joppa

Offline tuffy_puppy

Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 03:36:19 PM
thank you, sir.  i may be in the process of developing a new fixation!!  any body need a new (almost) foreplay three (extended)??  don pettit, long beach, washington

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:14:15 PM
If you've got a FPIII with nothing to drive, you could also consider a pair of Paramounts, and configure them for 2A3s since that's you're hankering... You could also plug your S.E.X. in to the second outputs as a dedicated headphone amp.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:18:15 PM
Don,

Or... you can have the stereomour built as a straight power amp -- 1 input and no selector or pot, and then use your FP III in front of it.  That has all the makings of something better than the sum of its parts.  If I had the room on my rack, I'd probably do this myself.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline tuffy_puppy

Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 05:19:49 PM
hey guys,  you all are the greatest!!  being dumb and a doofus it is going to take me some time to wade through  the various possibilities.  so consider me to be currently wading.  don

Offline InfernoSTi

• Positive emotions enhance our musical experiences.
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 05:33:10 PM
I enjoy my Stereomour with one input and no switches/volume pot.  A nice improvement!!!  I posted photos and resister types/values on my build thread...

Best,
John

John Kessel
Hawthorne Audio AMT K2 Reference Speakers
Paramount 300B w/MQ All Nickel Iron,  Mundorf S/G 5.5 uF,  and  Vcap Teflon .1 uF
Auralic Taurus Preamp/Auralic Vega DAC/Auralic Aries Streamer
and lots of room treatments!