Seduction troubleshooting

specialidiot · 2228

Offline specialidiot

on: May 24, 2012, 01:44:41 PM
Greetings all - I was on the previous board and just re-upped as I have a new issue to bring to you.

I picked up a Seduction with a C4S that was already built but the seller sold as not working because he got busy after he built it and never powered it up.  Yeah right, well anyway I got a nice price on it so off I go.

The build isn't real nice, but nothing evident to me on why I don't get the proper voltages.  It ohmed out fairly close but not exact.  When I powered it up on my variac the ac between ground and neutral was at 78vac.  No LED action....

Can I get some help here?  I can take pictures, readings, etc as requested just let me know what you need.

Thanks!

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:27:28 PM
Umm... normal power is 120vAC. Surely you don't mean you tried it at 78v and can't figure why it doesn't work?  :^)

If you are not getting power line voltage at the power transformer primary, check the wiring - and the fuse. If the fuse is blown, there is probably a reason and the next fuse will blow too - so don't just get a new fuse. Or at least, if you do, get a bunch of them!

Do you have the manual?

Paul Joppa

Offline specialidiot

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 03:50:13 PM
fuse is OK.  I double checked the variac with the device unpluged, I get 120vac, plug it in and turn it on, about 78vac. 

I do have the manual.  I was hoping someone would say something like "oh that happens all the time, sounds like _________"

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:18:23 PM
Try it without the variac, let the fuse blow if it needs to.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 05:22:42 PM
While I agree with what PB said, I'd suggest you first determine whether the fuse is actually the right value (0.5 amp). Dropping 120v to 78v from a normal 15-amp circuit would take a LOT of current! Either the fuse is much much larger than standard, or there is something else wrong.

Just sayin' ...

Paul Joppa