foreplay volume resistors..

rucyrius · 11217

Offline rucyrius

on: December 09, 2009, 03:51:20 AM
so i've put in some resistors on two inputs of the foreplay. on input one i put -6 resistors, input two -18 resistors ... input one worked fine  as did input two.. now all of a sudden input one right side doesn't work...i checked connections and they are good .. could it have burned out or something.. also does it matter which way the colors of the resistor face? .... i noticed one this resistor is facing different than the  rest..
thanks
john

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 04:15:15 AM
Resistors do not have any direction.  The one that is "reversed" will work fine.  Capacitors, transistors and diodes have a direction that are very important.

Sounds like a faulty solder joint.  There should have been only two solder joints associated with input one right side.  Regardless of how they checked, first measure the resistance from one lead of the "bad" resistor to the other lead.  Remember it is probably +/- 10% of the stated value.  Then wiggle both ends and see if there is any play.  Finally reheat the solder joints and see if it doesn't clear up.