Design notes, check-out values and schematic for SR45s?

Jim R. · 1948

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Hi PJ,

Well, I just bought Doc's SR 45 amps and if it is possible, I'd like to get all the necessary supporting design notes and resistance and voltage check values and points and any other documentation you may have for these amps.  I realize that these amps have no formal manual and that info may be sparse, but whatever you have would be appreciated.  Also, how much of the circuit remains from the paramour II?  I do have that manual

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:46:05 AM
I have a circuit, and the preliminary design notes. I can't be sure that the amp you have is exactly what my notes describe; the documentation was created before the construction and that was five years ago.

Send me your email through the Forum and I'll pass them on to you. Circuit will be a .gif and the notes are Word97 format.

Paul Joppa

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 06:57:20 AM
Paul,

PM sent.

Thanks,

Jim

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

Offline howardnair

Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 12:55:18 AM
jim--congratulations on buying those-i was thinking about them but that is all i was doing--i know i missed a good opportunity to own something special--enjoy----howie

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:27:58 AM
Thanks Howie!  Yup, very much looking forward to these!

-- Jim