SEX is GOOD

Aural Robert · 6118

Offline Aural Robert

on: December 10, 2009, 01:43:41 PM
First off, a big thanks to the board for the assistance, and to Doc & Eileen for running such an outstanding operation.

A bit back I reported some start up problems with my SEX amp. Got some new resistors in the mail and finally got them in the other day and voila, another eargasm machine is born.

I'm running it with a pair of Sexy speakers and subs in my living room. After a couple of hours it really started to sound sweet. I have the enhanced bits lined up for insertion in the future somewhere.

Getting the SEX in hand (figuratively speaking, that is) I had to (finally) twist up some speaker cables of which I've had the parts for maybe 3 years. I made the Jon Risch cross connected coax cables, and used Eichmann bananas. I used them on the "big" system, not the SEX. So far they are FAB. Very neutral and open, and fast and detailed as well I'd say. Decay on cymbals is definitely more noticeable now, and everything seems clearer somehow, less muddled. Although I've never actually thought my system was muddled. Anyways, well worth the effort imo.

Aural Robert.
... I'll be there for you as long as it works for me ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout