crossover wiring

John Roman · 2270

Offline John Roman

on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:59 AM
I'm curious if the negative connection in my crossover network for both my mid-range and hi frequency drivers can be combined. Essentially only to eliminate as much wire in the network as possible. The bass driver network I've put in the bass bin, the mid and high are going to be exposed as I like that look. So I'm making an effort to wire this as clean as possible. The black wire running down the center will function as the negative for both the mid and hi drivers. OK? I hope the pic helps explain. This seems plausible and perhaps I'm over thinking this but was hoping for some input.
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

4krow

Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:48 AM
John,  I certainly don't see a problem here, since my last speakers were wired that way. And mine were able to be bi-wired. BTW, the coils you are using, I forget, what brand are they? I have always thought that they were a great idea..... Multicap used to make capacitors with a built in bypass cap too, another good idea...just thinking out loud.