Greetings, and a couple of questions - New Eros Build

dhherring · 2007

Offline dhherring

Hello all.  

I just received my Eros kit and first inventoried the components and read through the manual.

All components were in the kit, but a couple of the caps where not as expected on the inventory sheet.  Not real sure what circuit these belong in, but these caps appear to be the two that are installed on pages
66/67 of the manual.  

I have one with a value of 1,20uFJ, the other 1,00uFJ.  Any problem here? (Here's a shot of the caps in question:)

(https://forum.bottlehead.com/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pbase.com%2Fdhodgeh%2Fimage%2F145266485%2Foriginal.jpg&hash=2d35cdec0f84620b29216830b70be8b9b971d010)

The other question I have (after reading the manual) is when to solder the drain wires to the center pin of socket D (ref. page 48 of the manual).  While I have yet to find where it is explicitly stated to solder these to wire to the center pin, in subsequent photos it appears that the wires are soldered to the pin.  Did I miss this in the book?

Thanks in advance for any input, and I'm looking forward to getting this and the Stereomour I have on order into my system.

Don
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:19:42 AM by dhherring »

Home: Rega RP-1 -> Eros Phono Pre -> Stereomour -> Klipsch Heresys
Office: Raspberry Pi w/Raspyfi -> Aune T1 DAC -> S.E.X 2.1 -> Blumenstein Orcas/Dungeness Sub

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:05:15 AM
Whew, that's an odd pair of caps.  The difference of .2uf between the pair will not cause any performance issues (they could actually measure the same if the 1.2uf cap is on the smaller end of its tolerance range and the 1.0uf is on the higher end).

As for the center lug of socket D, only those two drain wires land there, as soon as they're both on the lug, go ahead and solder it.

If you'd like a replacement 1.0uf Solen, it will be no problem to send you one, just e-mail queen(at)bottlehead(dot)com.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man