Crack Construction

tsingle999 · 1624

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
on: September 16, 2012, 04:35:39 PM
Ive been building my crack for awhile. Moved a couple times and seemed to have lost the 270kohm 1 watt resistor. I have 2 triad chokes in and a 68mfd final mcap that is quite large. I am using a standard sized bottlehead base with the smaller top plate to squeeze it all in. The easiest way for me to mount that cap is to use the two vacant 11 and 17 terminals. (because i am using different tag boards the leads will slide down in the top of the terminal).  The resistor wont stretch that far though. So i have two options:
1. Get the correct resistor and use the 12 and 13 terminals but run a wire from 13 to 17 to attach the cap lead. I have a 270 k ohm resistor but i dont know if its rated for 1 watt? How can i tell? Put it in n see if it pops?!?
2. Move terminal 13 to terminal 17 and use a pair of resistors in series to stretch that far across. I have two large (so they must be at least 1 watt) 150kohm resistors. When i tie them together i am getting a resistance of 305 kohms. Is this too far off the correct value?

Ive been working with cloth covered hookup wire for the first time. I sortof like it cuz theres no stripping but u need good scissors and it gets a bit messy. I will attach a photo tomorow when i get to work.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:27:36 AM by tsingle999 »

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:23:04 PM
Stock build before speedball...

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC