Eros in action

johnsonad · 3855

Offline johnsonad

on: September 18, 2012, 02:54:20 PM
Taking a break from attempting to create sounds on my new GAIA to listen to how it is done on the famous MOOG.  Thought you all might like a photo of the current set up though I may have posted one before at some point :)

Aaron Johnson

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:05:05 PM
Aaron,

Nice setup.  My brother is the RTR guy in the family.  He has shelves of pre-recorded and live tapes.

Is that pre or post Wendy on the Switched On Bach?

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:05:56 PM
The Walter/Wendy line is not as clear as people like to think. SOB is the first full length Walter Carlos record, so while it was before surgery, she was already living as Wendy while releasing music and making public appearances as Walter. Far more interesting here is that the R2R box uses an alternate version of the cover photograph, the musician is standing on the LP cover. Also the funny thing about that cover is that nothing is patched on the synthesizer, so it wouldn't make a sound. It appears that there might be a patch in the version shown here.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:26 PM
Joshua,

I was asking about the name on the cover.  For a long time all I saw was Walter, then years later I saw the Wendy LPs.

Offline johnsonad

Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 06:10:29 PM
Cool history, thanks Joshua! I have this SOB2 and WTS.  Grainger, all of the boxes say Walter of course but we know otherwise. Taking a closer look at the SOB box, nothing is patched that I can see but he is wearing headphones. 

Aaron Johnson