new demo - Art Khu - audio only

Doc B. · 3493

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: October 02, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
I'm working on salvaging another out of focus video that goes with the audio we recorded to tape for our newest Tode demo video. This one is of Art Khu playing the Bottlecaster thru a restored Morley WVO wah pedal into his new Tode. Think Jimi Hendrix and Charles Pitts, some really funky s**t.

I thought I would put up the audio track only for now while I work on the video. I transferred the 15ips two track 1/4" analog stereo recording to 24/192, and then folded it down to this 16/44 WAV file. The demo is long at about 9:19, and thus the file is very big, about 100MB. You will find it seems right channel heavy. The right channel is the amp mic and the left channel is a room mic about 4 feet from Art on the left side, picking up some string sound along with the room sound of the amp. When I get the video usable you will be able to see that the sound goes with the picture. I don't have any trouble streaming the file here at work, and I'd like to hear back if it is working or not for others.

http://www.bottlehead.com/music/artwah1644.wav
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:25:37 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Pfenning

• My knockoffs
    • This is the place
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 03:58:51 PM
Doc, it loaded up very quickly, and sounds amazing. You will have to share those amp setting with me. That's a wicked tone, and Art's playing blew me away. Thanks for sharing that.

Pfenning

Pfenning

Paramour 1's with c4s and iron upgrade, Foreplay II, Seduction with c4s, Crack (stock) and Foreplay III (waiting to be built), DIY turntable with Rega RB250 arm with Incognito wiring, Oppo DVD, Pi Stage 4's and DIY subs

Offline tcell

Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 04:39:58 PM
The track loaded easily on my iPad. Funky shit!  What kind of guitar?

Bottlehead Gear: Foreplay 2&3, Extended S.E.X., Paramours I w/ iron upgrade, Straight 8's, Tode, Bottlehead DAC.  Guitar gear: Les Paul Standard 1981, Ernie Ball John Petrucci BFR, POD HD500x, Marshall JCM1, TC Electronic G-Force.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:35:44 PM
Thanks guys. The guitar is the Bottlecaster, the one you see in the product pic of the Tode, and also being played by Jack Parker and Ayron Jones in the second half of their demo videos. It's a Mojotone alder hardtail Strat body with string thrus and a Squire mini strat neck and some pickups from a winder who sells exclusively on ebay. Strings are Thomastik-Infeld "Blues Slider" style, gauges (elevens) chosen for even tension. I put it together with my own wiring and shielding scheme. The pots are 500K.

I'll have to look at the video for the amp settings. I think Art had the brake at full speed and the feedback at full crunchy and he was just switching the mid scoop control for the various tones he was getting. Not sure about the guitar knob settings, will have to refer to the video for those too. The Morley pedal seemed to give a little extra boost even though it wasn't the boost version of that pedal. FWIW Art also tried the amp clean with the Epi Joe Pass jazz box I gave him a while back and loved that combo too. Haven't heard that yet myself, but there was some talk about including it in one tune on Jacqui Naylor's next album. I am crossing my fingers.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 02:07:30 PM
This is now a youtube video that has been "cartoonized" to salvage the bad video. Hey, it's all about the music anyway:

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline xcortes

Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:32:09 PM
My oldest kid has started guitar lessons. Hopefully he'll soon give me a reason to build a tode and get a cool axe. If he falters there's three behind.

Xavier Cortes