Quickie has a new playmate.

earwaxxer · 1323

Offline earwaxxer

on: October 11, 2012, 05:45:30 PM
New addition to the family this week. Got the Schiit Gungnir DAC. Very nice digital hand off from the Transporter. Lets just say, DAC's are getting VERY good, and very reasonable. Great time to be a digital guy.

Compared to the Transporter, its got more flesh on the bones. I guess you call that 'timber'. Its across the spectum. Easier to isolate instruments and follow them. Less fatigue. I was playing around with my different Quickie battery packs, and I juiced up my LiPo 50V pack and threw that in for awhile. I listened to a song that I had previously listened to with my 30V pack, and, I THINK, I isolated a slight difference in sound between the two. It had to do with a very faint cymbal on a very well recorded Eric Clapton album. It didnt sound right. I noticed it right away. It could be in my head, but I think I like the 30V.

anyway - fun stuff -
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 06:45:05 PM by earwaxxer »

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.