OMEGA Super 3T loudspeakers + Stereomour=?

ODYOFAEL · 2964

Offline ODYOFAEL

on: November 28, 2012, 10:25:59 AM
Has any here have this combo? I was driving the Omega's with a Sophia Music Baby (10 wpc P/P) but found it to be bright sounding. (Also thought it was the speakers that were bright sounding.) My Fisher 800C sounded better. Now that I sold the Sophia, I called BH yesterday and ordered a Stereomour. I am very excited and can't wait to put it together.

Another good thing. I spoke to  Louis (Omega speakers) Monday and  told me not to worry about the 30 day return warranty for the speakers and said to audition the BH Stereomour first before I make any decision. Now isn't that nice. Great guy and will to help out.

Does anybody here have this combo and how well do they sound? I wasn't very happy with my last purchase (Sophia) and hopefully, I'll get what I want from the BH.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:58:49 PM
Hey Odyofael; I used my Custom Bottlehead 2A3 amp with Louis' Omega Super 5's and found the 3.5 watts plenty for those Omegas. Since Clark & Molly delivered my Orca/BUF Sub loudspeakers, I have had those in my main system. I am guessing that unless you listen really loud, they will perform just fine on your Stereomour amp. It is basically the same circuit as mine____ just more exotic iron/cobalt inside.

Cheers, Hank

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:09 PM
I used the omega ts1 speakers with the bh sr45 amps which have lower power than 2a3 stereomour and they play loud to me...

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC