SUCCESS!

willspeed · 3104

Offline willspeed

• Tropically Twisted
on: January 27, 2013, 01:18:40 PM
Wow, this thing sounds amazing!!!

My only recheck is the LED not lighting, which will probably be something stupid that I missed. Thing is, I'm too busy testing out every guitar I own through it, hehehe.

Another amazing home run guys... This little amp has sweet sound, and it's got great punch.

Will G.

S.E.X. w/C4S driving SEXy speakers
Seduction w/C4S
Quickie 1.1/ PJCCS
Rega Planar 2 / R200 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Red / RB250 Tonearm / Ortofon 2M Blue
Tode / Taylor 110 / Taylor 214ce / 94 Tele Tex-Mex Special / Home-hacked Squire Strat / 86 Guild F46NT / Which one next?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:14:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Somehow this year I finally got myself to enjoy going down to the music room (old Bottleheadquarters, in the basement of our home) and practicing. It is indeed fun to try different guitars, as they do show their individual personalities. That's why I tried to get a varied range of styles in the demos. One more demo I want to produce is a really nice jazz demo. Not that I will ever be able to demo myself, but I have recently ordered an archtop body and set neck that has not had pickup cutouts made yet. Hopefully it will show up some day and I can start a project of putting a Lollar Charlie Christian Pickup in it. Then it's just a matter of finding a really good jazz player to cut a demo for me.

Re the LED, start with pulling it out and reversing the leads in the socket. Once you cut them to fit it's easy to lose track of which is anode and which is cathode (guess . Could be a simple solution. I that doesn't work try measuring across the LED leads and see if the LED is getting any DC voltage.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.