It's finally alive!!!!

rockpassion · 3870

Offline rockpassion

on: January 30, 2013, 04:37:07 PM
I trashed the Shunt regulator board and Eileen was great on getting me replacement parts.  I received them last week and was finally able to complete my Eros build today.  Everything checked out and I fired it up like
Doc recommends in the instructions. 

Impression...... Wow!!!  The soundstage is huge, both breadth and depth.  The bass is much tighter and deeper.  Overall everything is just so much more focused.  I have listened for 2 hours and am really impressed. 

I can't wait to couple it with the BeePre I have ordered.  I think it is going to be really outstanding compared to using my FPII with every mod.  Any feel on when the BeePre is going to be shipped???  Not that I am anxious or anything.

Thanks Doc, Paul, and Eileen.  You have allowed me to take my LP listening to a new level.

Richard

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
Any feel on when the BeePre is going to be shipped???  Not that I am anxious or anything.
Richard

Josh finished up the manual draft last night.  I spent today feverishly hammering out the last details of the attenuator upgrade, and tomorrow will be 100% dedicated to reviewing the manual and catching any typos or errors.

On Friday, Josh and I will address any of these changes, and I will not let him leave the office until we begin shipping!

-PB
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:46:33 PM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline johnsonad

Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 05:39:04 PM
Now that is great news PB!  :)

Aaron Johnson

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:46 PM
Now get back in there and spin more vinyl!  The Eros is purely amazing!

Offline denti alligator

Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:14 AM
I want an Eros!!   :)

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable