Thanks

xcortes · 2657

Offline xcortes

on: February 10, 2013, 06:18:56 AM
I guess these are ideas from the newest BH team members. Packing the components for each set of boards separately is nice. Also nice is the idea of putting the boards upside down so that the silver banded is up.

Xavier Cortes

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:40:45 AM
I'm glad our efforts are recognized  :)

When I looked at the myriad of parts that went on the filament regulator boards, it just seemed to be the biggest favor we could do for the builder.

It also makes building those C4S boards easier when only two pairs of resistors look alike.

Since you're not using the balanced outputs and only wiring two inputs, you can wire the second piece of CAT5 cable in parallel, which should look pretty cool!

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 07:08:33 AM
Props to PB for the packaging. It's been nice to have fresh new ideas about the way we do stuff, and to be able to respond more quickly when we need to update and otherwise change things than I seemed to be able to do when I was wearing too many hats. I will be interested to see who wins the race to build the first BeePre and to read their listening impressions.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline xcortes

Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:29:18 AM
I should have said leds upside down!

Talking about cat5, it came as a surprise to me your decision to use it. In the past I used cat5 (teflon) interconnects and switching to coax belden was an improvement. Not huge and in small distances as used here should be ok. Actually now I recall that's what my SUT box uses to date.

Xavier Cortes

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:39:56 AM
It is an issue of ease of construction. Running all that stiff and bulky coax from the switch to the jacks would be a real pain, if you could make it fit.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.