Is the Stereomour Integrated?

8452 · 1651

Offline 8452

on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:02 AM
As a way of reducing component count, I am considering moving to an integrated amp. I have owned the Paramours and own a Seduction and 300B Paramounts, so I can trust that the Stereomour is another quality product. If it sounds anything like the Paramours, I know I would like it. My question is whether it is really an integrated amp? Does it have the gain of an integrated amp, or is it an amplifier with an input switch and volume control added? Secondly, will it work safely with AC input voltages of over 120 VAC? This is an issue with the Paramounts.

Thanks

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 05:54:31 AM
It is basically a stereo Paramour (with the new output transformers) with a volume control at the input. It still takes 0.75vRMS to drive it to full power.

Paul Joppa

Offline 8452

Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 06:07:11 AM
Thanks Paul. So can the Seduction drive it to full power?

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 06:21:08 AM
will it work safely with AC input voltages of over 120 VAC?

How high is your line voltage?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 06:53:52 AM
Unless you have a low-output cartridge, the Seduction can drive the Stereomour to full power. There is a more detailed discussion of sensitivities and gain structure in the "Signals and Noise" white paper, linked off the Community page. Unfortunately it's a complex subject so the paper is longer than I would like - but this is a smart crowd here!

Paul Joppa