Cain and Cain Abby

tsingle999 · 12288

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 04:37:49 PM
I got the esr's back from planet 10!
The magnets dont fit the abby holes. There a smidge too small... What would be the best way to open these up? I have a rasp - that would do it i think?

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

4krow

Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 12:15:10 PM
  Don't know if you own a Dremel, but that might be a good way to do it, using a sanding drum. If not that a sanding drum on the end of a drill might also work.

Offline tsingle999

Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:26 PM
Thanks! I will try the dremel!

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.

4krow

Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 02:22:07 PM
You will find that the Dremel has more control, and leaves a much finer finish than a rasp. Of course, we all want to see photos of the finished product. C&C are great looking products.

Offline tsingle999

Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 06:28:35 PM
I finally got one in! I used a drill bit that spins and is sort of like a round cheese grater. It was a lot of work though and hard to keep it uniformly circular. Boy i like both drivers. The new model is really powerful bass. The esr is very refined and more detailed.