OMG not already...

DoS · 9669

4krow

Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 09:32:30 AM
I think this may be related, so, here goes. I bought an 80 year old home 5 years ago. Lets just say everything was suspect from plumbing to electrical. In sight of that, I replaced everything. In the electrical, I knew that a good ground was an essential start. Fortunately, the water well housing went 25 ft. down, and was a very heavy duty type pipe. What could be better than that? In addition to this, I followed procedure, at least in part,  to how we used to ground the radio sites for the phone company. I even added ferrite sleeves every 10 ft. to the dedicated AC line feeding my stereo. In todays enviroment, nothing is overkill.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 10:11:51 AM
Can I increase the rate at which the feedback happens by lowering my 6.8k (my kit came with a 10k) to lower, like 3k? I ask because the Tode is pleasantly responding to one of my power conditioner I made, so well some extra crunch wouldn't hurt.
We do not stock a 10K resistor, do the color codes match up to what the manual specifies? 

You could install a 50K pot in place of the 6.8K feedback resistor, then experiment with different values in that position until you get the range that you like with the control on the front panel.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline DoS

Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 10:23:31 AM
Can I increase the rate at which the feedback happens by lowering my 6.8k (my kit came with a 10k) to lower, like 3k? I ask because the Tode is pleasantly responding to one of my power conditioner I made, so well some extra crunch wouldn't hurt.
We do not stock a 10K resistor, do the color codes match up to what the manual specifies? 

You could install a 50K pot in place of the 6.8K feedback resistor, then experiment with different values in that position until you get the range that you like with the control on the front panel.

Maybe it is the 6.8k resistor. It looks exactly like it, but the color codes I could read said 10k. Its the only one in the package that looks like the one in the pictures, too.

Nice idea with an attenuator in there. I need to get someone to jam on my amplifier now anyway, given that  I can't really play a song  :o