Anyone in the SF Bay area with BH and Orcas?

drewh1 · 5663

Offline Clark B.

• Enjoying Single Drivers & SET's since 2006
    • Blumenstein Audio
Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 03:46:55 PM
Soon (will announce) we'll be hosting some listening parties at our place as well.  Been working hard to get our space ready for it for the last several weeks.  So we are gearing up for seattle, cali, hell i'd love to do a world tour with these speakers/amps!

I'm so happy for Joel's kind offer to host a listening party.  Thanks man!

-Clark

Offline vrgard

Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 07:54:05 AM
This is "sounding" more and more interesting.  (bad pun, I know)

Really looking forward to whatever gets put together.

-Randy

Offline rt60

Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 04:53:49 PM
The weekends of June 22, 29 or July 20, 27 are looking best for me. But I could likely do any upcoming weekend. Any preferences?

Joel

Offline vrgard

Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 10:53:33 AM
June 22nd looks good on my calender.

-Randy

Offline captouch

Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 07:49:27 PM
If this is an open meet, I'd love to join as well.  I'm near Campbell.  I only have a Crack as far as BH gear goes, but could bring along something else in the audio chain if people are interested.

Offline rt60

Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 09:17:20 PM
June 22 looks good. Unfortunately we can't use the sound rooms at my office, so we'll just have to gather at my house in Campbell. All are welcome! We can just make it into an open house for a few hours. Maybe 2:00-5:00? I'll PM my address to everyone that's expressed interest a few days before the 22nd.

And I'll have many craft beers to sample, if anyone else is into that. Feel free to bring more!

Also, my BeePre is currently having difficulties, so another pre-amp to swap in would be much appreciated.

Joel

Offline Grainger49

Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 12:09:44 AM
Joel,

Let me suggest you post, maybe in the OP, what you have for the meet and what you need. You can edit it as folks volunteer a preamp and whatever else you need for the meet.

That will assure you that you are not without a CD player or something you are going to want for demonstrations.

Offline captouch

Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
I have a Promitheus TVC that could be used as a pre.  But I've read it doesn't match well with some amps, so this could be a 'swap-in to compare SQ' component versus a primary for the meet.  Also not sure if I can stay the whole time as well, so having another pre there would be best.  But be happy to bring it if people are interested in a passive pre (well, transformer volume control to be precise).

Offline rt60

Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 08:18:51 PM
I realized I have a decent solid state pre that I can use if my BeePre isn't up and running by then. But I'd still like to hear the Promitheus. And the Crack as well with my headphones.

Following Grainger's advice, I started a new thread (since I'm not the OP to this one) in General Category to see if we can pick up any more people.

The thread is here: http://www.bottlehead.com/smf/index.php/topic,4384.0.html

I've only listed Captouch's gear and my gear so far, since I'm not sure who else can make it (Cary? Galyons?).

Joel