Anyone in the SF Bay area with BH and Orcas?

drewh1 · 5662

Offline drewh1

on: March 25, 2013, 10:50:48 AM
I would love to hear what people on this forum are raving about. I am the east bay and just completed a Stereomour.

J-River on Custom built Music Server in Silverstone Case
Ayre QB-9 USB DAC
Kaiju
Stereoumour
Diy Cotton wrapped wire interconnects and speaker cab!es
Green Mountain Audio EOS HDx speakers
Crack with Beyerdynamic T1
Shunyata Diamond Back Power Cable
DIY Sub with Seas L26Roy Driver

Offline rt60

Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 12:14:01 PM
I ordered a pair of Orcas (and subs), and they should be arriving in the next week or two. I was able to demo them while I was visiting Seattle a few weeks ago. I don't have any BH equipment built yet though. But you're welcome to try out the Orcas with your Stereomour once they are set up and broken in a bit. I live in the South Bay (Campbell).

Joel

Offline Alonzo

• Not all those who wander are lost
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 01:34:43 PM
I too would like to see if the Orca's are all that's being written, especially now that my listening space has shrunk to the spare bedroom.  Is there enough interest to have maybe a Bay Area meet and greet?  I don't have a Stereomour but I have some BH gear.  I'm down in San Jose/Campbell/WG.

Alonzo
Gameroom:>Mainline to HD820, SR45 to Pipette
>BeePree Kaiju & SII to Altec 19 knockoffs
Office:>BH Stat amp to Koss 95x, T20 SET to JBL 4309s
Den:> MorePlay 845 SET to Altec Valencia's

Offline drewh1

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 02:58:15 PM
I would be happy to bring my Stereomour down to Campbell sometime. That way, I can hear the Orcas and you can see how they would perform with the BH gear.

Why don't we wait until you have had a chance to break them in and then we can schedule a listening session. 

Let's stay in touch.

J-River on Custom built Music Server in Silverstone Case
Ayre QB-9 USB DAC
Kaiju
Stereoumour
Diy Cotton wrapped wire interconnects and speaker cab!es
Green Mountain Audio EOS HDx speakers
Crack with Beyerdynamic T1
Shunyata Diamond Back Power Cable
DIY Sub with Seas L26Roy Driver

Offline vrgard

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 03:54:41 PM
If you guys don't mind including a longtime Bottlehead fan in your listening session, I would love to give the Stereomour/Orca a listen.

Thanks,
Randy

Offline rt60

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:21 AM
Sounds good. I'll give you guys an update in a couple weeks.

Joel

Offline rt60

Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 01:04:14 PM
Finally got my Orcas and subs set up and broken in pretty well, if anyone in the Bay Area is still interested in hearing them. They're powered by a BeePre and Paramounts with 300B's (all stock right now), and it's all sounding rather good.

Joel

Offline galyons

• Geary Lyons
Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 01:46:55 PM
I would enjoy this.  I can bring my old school BH Paramours 2A3  & 45, as well.  I'd bring my EV Sentry IV B's but they are bit larger than the Orca's!  ;D

Regards,
Geary
Pleasant Hill near Walnut creek

VPI TNT IV/JMW 3D 12+Benz LP-S>  Eros + Auralic Aries + ANK Dac 4.1 >Eros TH+ Otari MX5050 IIIB2 > BeePre >Paramount 300B 7N7 > EV Sentry IV-A

Thorens TD124/Ortofon RMG-212/SPU >Seduction > Smash^Up> Paramour 45 MQ >K12's

Offline Cary

Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 04:43:47 PM
Maybe we can set up a little Bottlehead meet. I have a SEX 2.0, Quickie, and Fostex FE103En speakers.

Offline rt60

Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:33:21 AM
A mini-meet sounds good to me. I'd love to hear how the Orcas fare with 2A3s and 45s. I also have some LCD2s I'd like to try out with a SEX amp, if that's possible. Everyone is welcome to come to my house in Campbell, or I wouldn't mind hauling my gear if another location works better. I also have a decent turntable (Rega RP6) and an Eros, if anyone wants to spin some vinyl.

Most Saturday or Sunday afternoons are good for me. What works for you guys?

Joel

Offline vrgard

Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:44:28 AM
I'm up for such a gathering.  Just say when and where!

-Randy

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:25 AM
If you guys can gather enough folks, perhaps we can talk Clark into a road trip...

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Clark B.

• Enjoying Single Drivers & SET's since 2006
    • Blumenstein Audio
Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 01:47:35 PM
For sure!  A few of my sisters live down there and Molly and I do like road trips.  Hitting up Dayton WA this weekend to check in with old friends and past customers and to see friends branden daniel and the chics play through one of our PA's installed at mace mead works
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:54:02 PM by Clark B. »

Offline vrgard

Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 02:22:51 PM
A local Bottlehead & Blumenstein Audio gathering with Clark & Molly Blumenstein as special guests?  Now we're talking!

-Randy

Gee, any chance Doc & Queen Eileen wanna join in on the fun?   They, too, have family in the Bay Area!

Offline rt60

Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 03:37:59 PM
If there's going to be a larger group, I can see about using the sound rooms at my office for demos (I work in an audio research lab). The rooms have decent acoustics, and would allow two systems to be playing at once. I'd have to clear it with the office manager first though...

Joel