Quick C4S question

TheMilford · 2457

Offline TheMilford

on: April 02, 2013, 07:19:05 AM
Finally signed up to here since the Audio Asylum days AND finally purchased the C4S for my 6-year-old Seduction! It's been some crazy years, playing music, touring, and having kids... now I'm working from home and have time to indulge the hifi bug again... I'm picking up on the improvements and tweaking again  :-*

So i'm installing the C4S today... again with mucho help from Wardsweb's wonderful page.

Just a quick question:
Can I just completely remove the shielded B+ wiring from terminal 12 to terminals 34 and 44 and just wire straight to the C4S board from terminal 12 with a short unshielded lead?  In the interest of tidying up... am I missing something here?

Also, bummer you discontinued this kit... I just recommended this kit to 4 people this week and they all told me it was discontinued and that the Eros is WAY out of their price range. :-(

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:33:14 AM by TheMilford »

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 09:18:03 AM
There is a replacement for Seduction in the works.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline TheMilford

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 11:27:09 AM
There is a replacement for Seduction in the works.

Good news Doc! I will let my peeps know.

Any insight on this?:
Quote from: TheMilford
Just a quick question:
Can I just completely remove the shielded B+ wiring from terminal 12 to terminals 34 and 44 and just wire straight to the C4S board from terminal 12 with a short unshielded lead?  In the interest of tidying up... am I missing something here?

I'd like to finish this bad boy up tonight and get these evil opamps out of my signal path? ;)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:34:24 PM
You can wire right from the power supply to the PC board, I have built a few Seductions in the past with C4S right out of the gate, and this is how I prefer to do it.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline TheMilford

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 03:53:36 AM
Thanks man!

Finishing up today... hopefully give it a listen tonight.