Some General BeePre questions

drewh1 · 1815

Offline drewh1

on: April 03, 2013, 09:15:55 AM
I just built a Stereomour and I love it, want more. My long term plan is to build the BeePre next and then Paramounts.  So I am trying to figure out what to keep and what will go.

Questions are:

1. I have a 100k Goldpoint custom with Vishay/Dale's with integrated stepper motor for remote volume control - can I just move that to the BeePre, or do I need to reconfigure it as a 50k - I built the custom and so can modify the resistor values. From what I read hear, the BeePre is spec'ed with a 50k ohm Pot.

2. I have balanced gear and some expensive balanced interconnects I wouldn't mind using for the DAC (I know it doesn't matter much, except my Ayre gear is all balanced).  Although I can adapt balanced inputs on the BeePre, it sounds like transformer hum gets to be an issue. maybe it is not worth the trouble? obviously don't care about the balanced outputs.

thanks

Drew

J-River on Custom built Music Server in Silverstone Case
Ayre QB-9 USB DAC
Kaiju
Stereoumour
Diy Cotton wrapped wire interconnects and speaker cab!es
Green Mountain Audio EOS HDx speakers
Crack with Beyerdynamic T1
Shunyata Diamond Back Power Cable
DIY Sub with Seas L26Roy Driver

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:37:56 AM
BeePre in stock form uses a 100K dual log pot for volume, in conjunction with a 100K dual linear pot for balance. The impedance of the combination is less than 100K, but the pot values themselves are 100K.

Paul Joppa