"user supplied tubes"

Follow the white rabbit · 1697

Offline Follow the white rabbit

on: April 04, 2013, 12:38:09 PM
Hi, I(as a german) am trying to figure out what this means... probably : tubes not included in the kit...?!
I ordered a Stereomour kit some time ago and before it is shipped I would like to get some valves .
Allright then...next one is : where to buy and which ones? Anybody with a stereomour and an idea? maybe here in the forum? ebay?
 :D

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:14:28 PM
All the Bottlehead kits I have bought came with tubes.  But I'm not international shipping.  There might be a difference here.

There are a number of sellers in England that European Bottleheads have used.  I have used Upscale Audio and Tube World here in the US. 

You will find cheap tubes and expensive tubes.  The Sophia 2A3 tubes are reported to be very nice and are expensive.  That is why I don't have any experience with them.  The JJ 2A3-40 is also reported to sound very good for the cost.  Those I might buy soon.

As for the 12AT7, there are many available.  It is a popular tube.

Even if you get a set of tubes with your kit you should have a backup set as well.  This aids in troubleshooting.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:34:47 PM
The context here is confusing. I believe you are referring to the optional use of 45 tubes. We do not sell the Stereomour with 45 tubes, hence they must be supplied by the user. But the kit does most assuredly come with two 2A3 tubes and one 12AT7 tube as described and shown in the photo of the kit components.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Follow the white rabbit

Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:18:35 PM
Thankyou for bringing clear sight and thanks for all. :D

4krow

Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:16:21 AM
As I have just stated in another thread, the supplied tubes are really good in these kits, BUT since you are in Germany, I am growing to love Telefunkin tubes. Just a thought.