RCA Embodies a memory

Guest · 4332

4krow

on: April 08, 2013, 11:07:01 AM
 I am using this space to eulogize a part of my distant past that is dear to me. One of my first memories is of my father and his RCA recorder(circa 1950). Many voices of my relatives and friends lived on those tapes, showing themselves in a way not often heard. As they talked about their lives and experiences, it was caught on this meager and yet quality machine. I put that machine to rest yesterday. It was completely disassembled since it longer works, and the tapes have all been transferred to cd. I refuse to throw it away in whole, and have a lot of parts that will become useful in different missions of experimentation. The amplifier will proudly be used in my workshop. As for the rest of the parts, imagination will have to accompany their future, but it is my solid intent to integrate them into new beings along the way. I can think of no other forum to post this humble view as what can be done with the ashes of the past.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:06 AM
Nice memory Greg!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.