T-45: matched pair

azrockitman · 1201

Offline azrockitman

on: May 23, 2013, 01:20:49 PM
So i'm learning all kinds of things;  Latest is that these are not cheap and relatively hard to find.  (I hear snickering in the background....:)  )  Tubes and More is located here in phoenix, so that's good, but they have no matched pairs of 45's.  is that important?  They do have some pairs of the same brand but they don't check voltage and you can't take equipment with you to check on the spot.  they do have a 90 day guarantee ...so I supposed if I take them home and they are way off, I could return for another pair?  perhaps? 
But regardless, any tips thoughts on this?   Is matching the voltage critical and are their other alternatives to finding a matched pair on a shelf somewhere?

Currently they have at least two each of Standard, GE, Ken-Rad, Marconi.    If I were to try a pair of the same brand, any opinons on which would be the best choice(s)

Thanks for any assistance. 

Tim

Esoteric DV-50, Technics SL1200-M3D, B&K Phono 10 Preamp, Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III, Bottlehead Stereomour, Orca's

Offline braubeat

Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:12 PM
Tube matching is not that important with single ended triodes. I would not worry much about it.

Michael