Vinyl Wrap Progress - Crack Kit ARRIVES!

John EH · 3098

Offline Armaegis

Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 05:22:34 AM
Reminds me of a Coke can...  8)

4krow

Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 06:12:42 AM
  John,  It should be apparent to me that when someone is good at one aspect of kit building, they are likely to be good at other aspects as well. I am referring to your last photo in which the underside of the project is shown. I am impressed sir. Makes me want to take a bit more time on my own projects.

Offline HF9

• Zynsonix.com
    • Zynsonix.com
Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 10:27:51 AM
Very interesting design decision! Vinyl can also be custom printed or intricately cut at places like Signs By Tomorrow or Sign-A-Rama ... for future creations ;)

My DIY Audio Electronics Blog: DIYAudioBlog.com

Offline John EH

Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 11:11:00 AM
  John,  It should be apparent to me that when someone is good at one aspect of kit building, they are likely to be good at other aspects as well. I am referring to your last photo in which the underside of the project is shown. I am impressed sir. Makes me want to take a bit more time on my own projects.

Thanks.  Really trying to take my time here on this one.  I used to have the luxury of sitting down for marathon sessions but now I kind of get an hour here or an hour there to work on it.  When you know you can't get too much accomplished it slows things down a bit I think.  So far the only thing I'm not 100% happy with is the LED's on the 9 pin socket.  They're in there and soldered correctly but the wire leads aren't as perfect as everything else.  At first I was going to go back in and fix it and then thought there is more likely hood I'll foul something else only to make it a tiny bit prettier.  And it looks pretty okay anyway.

I try to keep my wire on the roll where possible and strip one end and solder it.  Then route it like I like and then cut to a good length and then solder.  That makes for nice clean wire runs.

John

4krow

Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
 I'm with you  John! Sometimes it IS worth fixing a booboo, but you increase the chances of unthinkable experiences.