Blumenstein cabinet and Weber speakers

vladimirwolfe · 4032

Offline vladimirwolfe

on: July 08, 2013, 07:17:42 AM
My Tode kit is arriving today and Clark has encouraged me to post publicly about his Tode cabinet. So Clark, where is it? ;)

Also ordered a Chicago Vintage Speaker from Weber based on listening test with the good Doc. Ordered that right after ordering the Tode and haven't seen or even heard about it being shipped. Doc, what's your experience about time frames on getting product from Weber?

I can't wait to get this thing built and put it through its paces with my Eastman 905c archtop, Fender Custom Shop Tele and a new axe to be revealed later...

Doug

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:30:50 AM
Hi Doug,

Clark has been working of a lot of different new projects lately. He told me we was going to be doing up some Tode cabs after the holiday weekend. So hopefully you will see yours soon.

Re: the speaker - the one we provide with the kit (ceramic signature 8S) is something that Weber usually seems to have in stock, as the shipping is usually pretty quick. Though I see on their site this morning that they are temporarily out of stock. Perhaps we cleaned out their inventory with our last order. The Chicago Vintage 8" like I use in my own Tode took about three weeks+ to arrive. So I would presume those are not normally stocked and are custom made to order.

One nice thing about both the cab and the speaker is that they can be easily changed out. So you could go ahead and build it stock, then add the new parts when they arrive.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline vladimirwolfe

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:39 AM
Hey Doc,

I know Clark (one sander in each hand) is busy but he invited me to post publicly so I follow instructions! Just ask my wife. :-X

Thanks for the info about Weber. I'll try to be patient and yes, I'll build with the stock speaker first anyway so I can compare them (again).

Offline Clark B.

• Enjoying Single Drivers & SET's since 2006
    • Blumenstein Audio
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:27:28 PM
Hi Guys,

Yup, we are putting the Tode through the shop on this week's cut list actually.  We were at a family reunion all last week and were out of the shop, didn't get a chance to put one together.

Should have some results to see/hear by next week!

I really love the Tode, and I don't even play guitar - but I do listen to alot of rock.

Cheers,

Clark

Offline vladimirwolfe

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:36:40 AM
Thanks Clark. Looking forward to seeing the cab and ordering!

Doug

Offline Clark B.

• Blumenstein Audio
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 08:31:34 AM
Breif update - Made cuts on Natural and Caramelized versions, and then had to rework the kerf spacing quite a bit this week once I tried to install them... 

Coming soon...Bear with me!

-Clark

Offline Clark B.

• Blumenstein Audio
Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 06:08:42 PM
Just dropped off at BHQ...

Doug - yours is made as well in caramelized if youd like it. We'll send you an email to see if youre still interested.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:58 AM
The cabinet looks beautiful. I only managed to play a hurried lick or two through it when I brought it home last night. Sounds great so far!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline adamct

• Maxxximum CAPacity Crack
Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 05:59:24 AM
I don't even play guitar and I want one!

Offline vladimirwolfe

Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 02:24:29 PM
Hey Clark,

I just got the email from Molly and responded. The cab looks great in the caramelized version too. Let's get that thing headed East!

Doug