Parafeed Cap Values for EML 2a3 with Nickel BH-5 OT

Tickwomp · 1608

Offline Tickwomp

I'm currently running a 6.8uf Mundorf M-Cap Supreme parafeed capacitors with my EML 2a3 mesh plates with the BH-5 Nickel and BH-7 plate choke.  Anyone care to make a suggestion of what would be upgrade at that position?  I'm looking for no holds barred recommendations. 

Also, while we're in the area, what about good choice for the cathode bypass?  I think I'm using a 47uf Solen there (had to trim the inside of the cabinet to provide clearance as these suckers are pretty large). 

Thoughts please?

TIA,

Tick

Mach2 Mac Mini->Amarra Mini-> Chronos Athena USB Cable->Audio Note 4.1LE DAC->24ga Ag w/WBT0101ag ICs-> Audio Note L4 Remote->24ga Ag w/WBT0102Ag ICs-> Paramounts w/MQ Nickel Opts and EML 2a3 Mesh Plates->16ga Ag Bi Wire->Klipsch RF-7 w/DeanG Mods

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 03:36:28 PM
Yea, I am looking for the same thing. Thinking about one of the higher end Mundorfs. I think past there your looking at one of those cast copper monsters.

For a cathode cap Obbligato has some affordable choices. But just for the hell of it try removing it altogether. I use a Sub in my system and it works for me, maybe not for you but its free to try...John       

John Scanlon