Album Cut Lyric Game, 60s and 70s Only ! ! !

Grainger49 · 3238

Offline Grainger49

on: July 19, 2013, 11:54:10 AM
Let's play a game. 

Everyone knows the lyrics, "See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup/Yeah buddy that's his own hair/That little faggot got his own jet airplane/That little faggot he's a millionaire."

That isn't a challenge.  But for those of us who bought the albums lyrics like, "These mist covered mountains/Are a home now for me/But my home is the lowlands/And always will be."  That is from the title song, Brothers In Arms.  These are memorable lyrics.

So, the new game.  Quote lyrics from an album cut

Rules:

1) The album must have a hit.  We all know when a song was a hit.

2) Post the opening lyrics, if that gives away the title, post a following lyric.  Post the artist, we are looking for the album and song[/b].  Good for guys who saved their albums like I did.

3) No fair using an internet search for the lyrics, you have to know the album you are on the honor system.

4) If you get my lyric you get to ask the next question.

Let's get started.  This is an easy one from 1972, Eagles:

"Early in the morning/about the break of day/the earlybird is working/so his life don't fade away."

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:48:28 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:45:11 AM
Ok, I made this too restrictive.  The rules are being modified.

Hint on the above, Eagles, I chose it because I thought the banjo was interesting in a rock song.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 01:48:00 AM by Grainger49 »

Offline azrockitman

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 05:48:07 PM
I have to laughingly admit that my first thought was Creedence....."Down on the Corner".  your posted lyrics fit the song nearly perfectly.  But I used the internet to confirm if I was right or not (not to cheat) and it confirmed I was wrong.  So I gave up.   :)   maybe those lyrics were a lost/stolen verse to the creedence song...... ;)

Esoteric DV-50, Technics SL1200-M3D, B&K Phono 10 Preamp, Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III, Bottlehead Stereomour, Orca's

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:19:12 AM
About the same beat.  But it is the Eagles.  And around the same time frame.  And thanks for sticking to the rules.

I'm guessing no one else bought this album when it first came out.  I listened to it on my buddy's full range electrostatic system, with a sub in a transmission line stuffed with virgin wool (how do they know?).

At home I was listening on tri-amplified electrostatics with a servo driven sub.  The banjo was very present.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:53:41 AM
Ok, I give up.  The song was "Early Bird" from the Eagles first self titled LP. 

I'll try another.

Offline Aural Robert

Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 02:13:58 PM
And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself living in another part of the world

circa 1980

This was certainly a hit in the circles I traveled in at that time.

Aural Robert.
... Facts are simple and facts are straight ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 05:52:27 PM
Talking Heads, but I only know it from the live "Stop Making Sense".  Surely someone will know the studio album.

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics
Lifetime audio-electronics junkie

Offline azrockitman

Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 05:57:50 PM
"Once in a lifetime"is the song name if I recall.

Esoteric DV-50, Technics SL1200-M3D, B&K Phono 10 Preamp, Sumiko Blue Point Special Evo III, Bottlehead Stereomour, Orca's