Saturday's tunes

johnsonad · 2644

Offline johnsonad

on: August 03, 2013, 02:20:55 PM
I'm listening to David Bowie this afternoon and currently to Hunky Dory which is one of my favorites.  What's playing all??

Aaron Johnson

Offline Kris

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:10:17 PM
Just finished Camel "The Snow Goose", now listening The Doors "Waiting For The Sun".
Also, in the "waiting room" there is still Indian Summer from their first (and only :'() album.

Regards,
Kris

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
Rory Ghallagher -Live in Europe followed by Buddy Guy - As Good as it Gets.

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 06:07:28 PM
Love that Doors album.. Well recorded/mastered as well. I'm listening to Katie Lied with my 45V pack on the Q. Every once in a while I swap out some of my battery packs that I have. I keep coming back to the lower powered pack (32V topped off). Anyway great album. Great for comparative listening as well.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline johnsonad

Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:57:40 AM
Might as well keep this thread going into Sunday!  So far spinning today:

Simon and Garfunkel- Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme
Steely Dan- Katie Lied
Cal Tjader- The Prophet
Men at Work- Business as Usual
Steely Dan- Countdown to Ecstasy
Roy Orbison- Mystery Girl

Aaron Johnson

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 12:09:32 PM
Today.. The Allman Brothers Band - Millennium Collection.. BTW the 45V pack didnt stay long... I was a bit surprised this time how different it sounded. The 3S4 has a bite at that voltage. Leaning edge emphasis. Anyway... back to the 30V. No harm done.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Chris

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:23 AM
The entire 5 disc catalog of Coheed and Cambria... It is a continuing story hence the 5 disc series.. One of the brightest artists in Rock in the last few years IMHO... The  cd series is based on a comic book series that the lead singer created and was successful with in the comic scene, so it is interesting how he combines the music with the story in a way that I feel is some of the best of its genre since I dont know how long... Queensryche's "Operation Mindcrime" concept is just one album, as is The Who's Tommy,  Pink Floyd's The Wall, Rush 2112 "half a side" etc... but this is 5 discs long and each cd is as awesome as the other.. just a superb effort by the band's main writer Claudio Sanchez....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:02:37 PM by Chris »