Why is your name...?

Guest · 7869

Offline Bonzo

• My name is Marco, best known as Bonzo
Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 01:54:43 AM
I gor my nickname when I started playing drums 18 years ago.
The first things I learnt were Bonham's fills, so here came my nickname.

I'm a Zeppelin fan and still a drummer in a Zep tribute band in Italy.

Ciao!

Bisogna avere orecchio!

Offline Zimmer64

• Blog
Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 02:35:26 AM
My last name plus year of birth. Not exactly creative ...... :(

Nelson Pass F5 Turbo V2, Quickie (mod), S.E.X. 2.1, Tubes4hifi SP14, Dynaco VTA ST 70, Tubelab SSE, Vroemen Diva Superiore ER4, Jordan JX92S VTL, 47 labs 0647 CD, Aqvox DAC, Rowen Absolute pre / psu / power amps, BG Neo3 / Betsy / Eminence A15 open baffles

Offline tsingle999

• We are all here because we are not all there.
Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 03:22:33 AM
Aol gave me mine. It didnt like my suggestions. Kept coming back at me with tsingle###. So i finally ave up and changed the numbers to something i could remember. Sad i know.

SGS iTransporter with Qobuz & Roon to Optical Rendu to BH DAC (Battery) / Wavelegth Cosecant to BeePre to 300b(ehemoths) to Jagers.
Bottlehead Stat headphone amp with Wavelength Brick DAC

Offline RayP

Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 04:05:08 AM
First name and first letter or last name.

In other forums I use ratbagp. Same construction except that I am a ratbag.

ray

Ray Perry

4krow

Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 04:16:02 AM
  Grainger49,  I should have lied about my age many years ago. I could have retired even earlier.

Offline Mmaxed

Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 05:23:05 AM
The first forums I signed up for were for snowmobiles and pickups.  My name is Mark and at the time I had a Mountain Max sled and a Dura Max pickup.

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 07:48:13 AM
When I tried to sign up for my first email account dbliss was taken so I inserted my middle name.  On some forums I am known as bluegti.  Guess the color and model of the car I had at the time?

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays
Other: Lightspeed Attenuator, "My Ref" Rev C Amps, Lampucera DAC

Offline Alonzo

• Not all those who wander are lost
Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 08:17:55 AM
Just my first name, my mother was taking Italian at the time of my birth, I came out with my fists up and swinging so she found a name that meant "ready for battle".  It generates confusion sometimes because it's also a Spanish name (with the same meaning) and I don't speak Spanish.

Alonzo
Gameroom:>Mainline to HD820, SR45 to Pipette
>BeePree Kaiju & SII to Altec 19 knockoffs
Office:>BH Stat amp to Koss 95x, T20 SET to JBL 4309s
Den:> MorePlay 845 SET to Altec Valencia's

Offline rif

Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 12:11:48 PM
Rif comes from my last name-it's been my nickname for as long as I can remember.

On a tangent my avatar is from a set of figurines/scenes my grandfather used to make out of telephone company wire.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:14:51 PM by rif »

-david

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 12:45:12 PM
But I am left wondering what a comic high power rifle competitor would be like...

Two competitors walk into a bar. One turns to the other and says "now don't go shooting your mouth off again"...John 

John Scanlon

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 04:45:18 PM
I got frustrated back in the early days of the internet (early 90's) trying to make a userid for a site without having to add numbers to the back of my name.  I had been reading a lot of Douglas  Hofstadter at the time and it seemed logical to combine the words Porcupine and Contrapunctus into something that no one else would ever use (probably for good reason).  It worked.

Ironically, it was many years later that I became a fan of Porcupine Tree.

A world without coincidence would be much stranger still.

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics
Lifetime audio-electronics junkie

Offline Wanderer

Reply #26 on: August 08, 2013, 08:07:36 AM
From http://www.umich.edu/~umfandsf/symbolismproject/symbolism.html/Teutonic_Mythology/ringsym.html

"In Siegfried, the young hero meets up with a mysterious Wanderer, who is really his grandfather, the god Wotan, in disguise. Throughout Teutonic mythology, the all-father Wotan (Wagner's version of Odin) transforms himself so he can travel freely amongst the nine worlds. Similarly, Wagner's Wotan is also famed for his various disguises; ........"

Kevin R-M

4krow

Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 09:59:17 AM
  "Holy name calling Batman! Who'd a guessed the depth of this mysterious 'Wanderer?' "

"Indeed Robin...indeed." "Alfred! Gas up the Batter-mobile, and don't skimp on the gas, I'll know if you do."

"WILL THE DYNAMIC DUO SEEK OUT THIS 'WANDERER?' AND IF THEY DO, MIGHT HE BE...A COUSIN? TUNE IN NEXT TIME! SMAE BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL."

Offline Chris

Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 10:50:31 AM
In Highlanders case, "There can be only one"..  but apparently in our own Highlander (4krows) case, "There cannot be only one scotch".... :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:54:26 AM by Chris »

4krow

Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 12:44:41 PM
  Actually, I was only shootin' fer 'Lowlander'