Why is your name...?

Guest · 7871

4krow

on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:25 PM
 We all have a story for our name. 4KROW came from my friend who owned a dog named KROW. Unfortunately, KROW was dognapped, and never seen again. I chose this for remembrance. What's your story?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:26:05 PM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Offline Paully

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 02:21:49 PM
Paully - self-evident as my name is Paul but a little more to it since I grew up being called Paully by just about everybody.  I think Rocky was the big movie at the time.  It stuck and I liked it.

Offline corndog71

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:30:50 PM
Corndog was my nickname in the Marines.

The world was made for those not cursed with self-awareness.

Rob

4krow

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 02:40:10 PM
  Paully, I was just called 'Peyton" It was my last name, and was preferred over Greg. I've never liked my name.

Corndog, HA! Yah that would stick pretty well.  I'll have to ask my boys if they have nicknames in the Navy. No doubt, I'm sure.

Offline Paully

Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 02:45:25 PM
Yep, if they didn't call me Paully, they called me Hoot, which is a much shortened version of my last name.  Of course my mom liked to refer to me as footpaul, basketpaul, soccerpaul, pizza paulor, etc...   She thought she was funny.

4krow

Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:00:07 PM
 I get my humor from my mother and my defective drain   bbbbrain

Offline Armaegis

Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 03:11:50 PM
Years and years ago I had a huge interest in medieval armour and weaponry. I tried to come up with an online handle that had some of those element in it that didn't sound terribly cheesy. After giving up on conventional sounding names, I started going through language roots and eventually settled on arma (Latin) and aegis (Greek), combining them into the name that I've used for... yikes, over two decades now.

Offline adamct

• Maxxximum CAPacity Crack
Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 03:14:47 PM
Well...my name is Adam, and I recently moved to Connecticut. [shrugs]

Offline Mike B

Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 04:14:53 PM
My name is my name.  It doesn't have a story.

I sure ain't gonna put up my whole name on the interwebs - :)

Far away from the bleeding edge

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 05:26:11 PM
For years I was a serious high power rifle competitor. My first forays in the internet were the high power forums. This type of competition is done at 200, 300 & 600 yards with long range at 1000y, almost exclusively with iron sights.
  At longer ranges, all other things equal, it pretty much becomes a battle of you against the wind. Without going into too much detail, how you adjust your sights for wind is expressed in "minutes" or minutes of angle. So if you ask someone coming off the line. "How much wind did you have on?" He might say 1 left, or 2 right.

So I became tworight, with a nod to the down under expression. It was taken somewhere, so 2right now just 2wo...John     

John Scanlon

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 05:33:39 PM
That's a great story, very cool nickname. But I am left wondering what a comic high power rifle competitor would be like...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline adamct

• Maxxximum CAPacity Crack
Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:10 PM
Krusty the Klown?

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 06:55:30 PM
I was wondering how the hell I missed this thread! Started by Greg no less! Then I realized, it was just started today... relax. You didnt miss anything. Ok - earwaxxer came from the original thought of earwax that was already taken on many sites, and so I picked earwaxxer with two x's because nobody took it! Very original, I know..

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline saildoctor

Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 07:41:20 PM
I repair and modify sailboat sails for a living.  Sometimes the prognosis is better than others...

Kerry Sherwin

45 Paramounts, 6SN7 Extended FPIII, OC3 regulated Seduction
Blumenstein Orca Deluxe / 2x Orca Subs
VPI Classic / ADC CD-100x

Offline Grainger49

Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:17 AM
My given name, year of birth.  Easy!