What are we buying these days?...

Chris · 61821

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #135 on: July 10, 2014, 02:45:45 PM
I've recently discovered the wonder that is Spotify (i know i've been living under a rock).    The "discover" function is amazing, i've literally spent hours looking through it and "discovering" new artists i've not heard of before.  At the moment i am listening to Norah Jones's album Come away with me and The Fall, not bad, not bad at all.

M.McCandless

Offline SailorMac

Reply #136 on: July 24, 2014, 05:34:23 PM
Half Price Books Coupon Vinyl Scores
Joy Division - Closer - 40% Off
Descendents - Liveage - 50% Off

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Klipsch Kg3's - Hafler DH500 - Bottlehead Quickie - CNC Phono Stage (P2P) - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT

Offline dubiousmike

Reply #137 on: July 24, 2014, 08:10:56 PM
My latest buy is actually a full resolution freebie (or at least presently a "name your price" on bandcamp, where 0 is permitted) - Ayla Nereo's http://aylanereo.bandcamp.com/album/hers-was-as-thunder 

Her other albums (also on spotify), ranging from pure acoustic folk to sort of eclectic pop, and one album with decidedly eastern European influenced folk melodies, are all free too. 

Mike M.

Offline rockpassion

Reply #138 on: July 25, 2014, 05:35:31 PM
Just bought a copy of Yaz's Upstairs at Erics.   I enjoyed some new wave and them in particular.  The LP has great souindstage plus some real thumping bass.  Great stuff.

Richard

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline Downhome Upstate

Reply #139 on: July 26, 2014, 02:32:55 AM
(Image Credit, Tyll Hertsens)

"Too soon old;
   Too late schmart"

The late Mr. Fox, Fox's Deli, Rochester, NY

Mike P.

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #140 on: July 27, 2014, 12:05:50 AM
Paolo Nutini  Caustic Love

(http://straatosphere.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/paolo-nutini.jpg)

Iron sky is slow building corker

I'm also liking these guys from over your side of the pond they have a neat instrumentally rich sound.

War on Drugs 'Lost In The Dream'

(http://cdn4.pitchfork.com/albums/20300/homepage_large.9419e472.jpg)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 12:14:18 AM by JamieMcC »

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline SailorMac

Reply #141 on: July 27, 2014, 09:21:14 AM
Neck Deep (Brit Pop Punk) - Wishful Thinking - on yellow and purple vinyl for my daughter (sort of).

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Klipsch Kg3's - Hafler DH500 - Bottlehead Quickie - CNC Phono Stage (P2P) - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT

Offline SailorMac

Reply #142 on: August 04, 2014, 04:05:48 AM
Vinyl:
The Call (First Album Cutout)
Erasure - Who Needs Love (Like That)
Frankie GTH - Relax (Giant 45)
Thomson Twins - In the Name of Love (12" Dance Extension)

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Offline SailorMac

Reply #143 on: August 06, 2014, 10:29:32 AM
Vinyl:
XTC - Black Sea
The Style Council - Internationlists

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Offline rockpassion

Reply #144 on: August 08, 2014, 11:59:54 AM
Just purchased Amy Winehouse Lioness Hidden Treasure.  I have always liked her voice.  The quality of the some of the tracks is not the greatest.  On about half the tracks I get real good resolution and sound stage and her voice is truly amazing.  On others the sound stage is really compressed and the music and her voice sound like she is behind a curtain, not real clear and crisp. 

But all-in-all I like the album.  I plan on getting a couple more of her albums, any suggestions?

Richard

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline SailorMac

Reply #145 on: August 10, 2014, 09:49:59 AM
Some Punk vinyl from my favorite source, an antique mall..
7 Seconds - Cut the Shizzy
Brutal Juice - Mutilation Makes Identification Diffcicult (on clear vinyl)

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Offline SailorMac

Reply #146 on: August 16, 2014, 11:35:23 AM
Salvation Army finds on vinyl..
Tears for Fears - Shout 12" US & UK Remix
George Michael - Faith
Pet Shop Boys - I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing 12"
The B-52's Revolution Earth 12" (promo only)

On laserdisc
U2 - Achtung Baby

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Offline wullymc

Reply #147 on: August 18, 2014, 05:15:35 PM
This past week got 2 UK albums.  UK and Danger Money. 

Was very happy to get them!

Dave
Project RPM5.1 with 2M Bronze/Graham Slee Era Gold V/Quickie with PJCSS/Paramount 1.1 300B/Woden Valiant

ODAC/Crack/DT880 600ohm

Current Project:  Beepre!!!

Offline Paully

Reply #148 on: August 23, 2014, 08:32:27 AM
My memory is shot so I can't remember if I posted this before, but I went ahead and ordered a bunch of the Beatles mono records that are coming out.  Not the whole box set, I cherry picked.  I might regret it but I wasn't real worried about the book and I was certain I didn't care about the Masters records.  So even if I order all the rest eventually I felt I was still good (plus it was actually my wife who bought a bunch of them for me for my birthday, she wasn't going to spring for the whole box!  So if I order additional records that is all I am out of pocket for in audio money terms which is separate.).

Looking forward to hearing them!

Offline Grainger49

Reply #149 on: August 24, 2014, 01:26:51 AM
Recently got a replacement (first one broken in transit) Joni Mitchel Night Ride Home.  This week got a Modern Jazz Quartet At Music Inn Vol. 2, it was badly scratched and skipped, I have already bought another one.