Chris · 61811

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #150 on: September 05, 2014, 10:05:42 AM
Looking forward to receiving a few new new albums in the post shortly

Jerry Douglas "Traveler"

Aoife O'donovan  "Fossils"

Alison Krauss Union Station "Paper Airplane"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 10:07:54 AM by JamieMcC »

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline dubiousmike

Reply #151 on: September 05, 2014, 12:06:33 PM
Paper Airplane has some great tracks on it!  Glad you're enjoying that one too Jamie.

Switching genres, a coworker recently told me that any budding jazz collection requires a copy of Louis Armstrong plays WC Handy.  Man - what an album.  Great recording and a phenomenal performance.

Mike M.

Offline SailorMac

Reply #152 on: October 06, 2014, 04:11:24 PM
Elton John Greatest Hits Volume II on vinyl for 50 cents..

Cheers!

Jeffrey Jurik

Klipsch Kg3's - Hafler DH500 - Bottlehead Quickie - CNC Phono Stage (P2P) - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon TT

Offline rockpassion

Reply #153 on: October 08, 2014, 04:48:10 PM
Dropped off my turntable at Brooks Berdan LTD to have my refurbished cartridge mounted.  While I was there I went searching through the record bins and found two Annie Lennox/Eurythmics albums.  I always enjoyed her singing and did not have a single album by them so I picked them up.  Fortunately, my wife also really enjoys them otherwise I would have some explaining to do. 

I pick up my turntable tomorrow and can't wait to try them out. 

Richard

Richard Vince

VPI MkIV, Woody Tonearm w/Shelter 501 MkII Cart. w/Soundsmith rebuild, Cinemag CMQEE-3440A SUT, Eros Phono Preamp, Beepre Preamp , QuickSilver V4 Amps, DIY 89259 Speaker Cables  & interconnects, VH Audio Power Cables, OPPO 205 Player, DIY 3 way speakers

Offline Grainger49

Reply #154 on: October 10, 2014, 03:01:35 AM
I have recently received 3 David Auldridge (Dobro) LPs.  He is awfully good. 

Offline Paully

Reply #155 on: October 12, 2014, 11:11:29 AM
Just finished listening to Ryan Adams' new one and it is really good, if you like his other music.

And Beatles Mono Masters didn't disappoint.

Offline Karl5150

Reply #156 on: October 21, 2014, 07:30:27 AM
Clapton's J.J. Cale tribute album is well done.
Picked up Soul to Soul by Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble. (Paid 3x for it used as when I bought it new when originally released.) Either the seller didn't like it or had a nice TT, cause it is like new! Tasty!
A best-of Robert Gordon LP, similar condition and cost. Link Wray plays on about half the tracks. Includes a couple of live tracks.
Waiting for Venus and Mars re-release to arrive and ready to pull the trigger on Bruce's 1st 7 albums re-mastered set.
Karl

Karl
Downstairs: Planar3>PH-16>Stereomour II>OB Betsy+
Upstairs: RP1>Eros/CD5004>Seductor (2x Monoblocks)>FH3
Office: Modi Uber 2/Sirius>SEX2.1.1>µFonken FF85WK + DC160 subs
BR: FiiO M6>SEX3.0.1>ScanSpeak 10F + TangBand W6 (Mono)/DT770Pro
Garage: X12 streamer>Quicksand>Minimus 77

Offline denti alligator

Reply #157 on: October 21, 2014, 12:20:31 PM
First purchase in quite a while: the new Scott Walker + Sunn O))) collaboration!   :)

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline YUL400

Reply #158 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:08 PM
Harry Manx "Om Suite Ohm"
Pirates of The Caribbean - Soundtrack
Loreena McKennitt A Midwinter Night’s Dream on VINYL
:-)

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #159 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:19 PM
Ruth Moody - These Wilder Things
Puss N Boots - No Fools, No Fun
Norah Jones & Peter Malick - New York City
Mark Knopfler - Privateering

M.McCandless

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #160 on: November 07, 2014, 03:23:02 AM
Hi Mark how are you liking Ruth Moody's Wilder Things? That one's been tempting for a while now?

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline mcandmar

Reply #161 on: November 07, 2014, 04:31:51 AM
I really like it, i prefer it over "The Garden" though the two are very similar. I also love all the Wailin' Jennys albums too so if your a Ruth Moody fan its a must have.

Been listening to Privateering a lot too, i've always been a Mark Knopfler fan but never heard that album before, it was only while googling Ruth Moodys discography i discovered she guest sang some of the backing vocals on that album. Cue some instant "Buy it Now" action on eBay..

Puss N Boots was a threesome band that Norah Jones was in, some of her stuff is really great too and worth checking out. All of the above can be found on Spotify, i tend to listen to stuff on there, then if i like it buy the CD and Rip it to FLAC.

M.McCandless

Offline Grainger49

Reply #162 on: November 07, 2014, 04:59:21 AM
I'll say that the two Wailin' Jennys albums to have are 40 Days and the Live At The Mauch Chunk Opera House  albums.  Sadly nothing on vinyl. 

I called their "record" company.  I talked to a guy who appreciates vinyl but he said that it would have to be an outside company to master and press vinyl.

Offline mcandmar

Reply #163 on: November 07, 2014, 05:06:36 AM
^ No love for "Bright morning stars" ?

M.McCandless

Offline Horatio

Reply #164 on: November 07, 2014, 06:58:05 AM
Some great music recommendations in this thread so I thought I would make it easy for everyone and compile then into a public Spotify playlist to make it easy to browse and listen to.

I have tried to get all the albums mentioned into the list. Where the album is not in Spotify I have picked something else from that same artist as a taster of their work.

Search for the playlist "BH_Recommendations" and enjoy the music!!!

Bill