Technics 1520 motor help

sk8ter · 5294

Offline sk8ter

on: August 16, 2013, 07:54:44 AM
Hello. I am really embarrassed... as i have forgot how to put back together the capstan motor ..there is nothing in the service manual or pictures on the net...

The reason i took it apart to oil the bearings....well I found out that these are ball bearings! and somewhat sealed....but i did put some oil in them ..but i forget exactly how it goes back together...pictures would be nice

I am about 3/4 done with recapping the unit....I am looking forward to hearing it after all this work!

before i decided to do this work it was running good and I have a master tape someone did ...man this deck is dynamite

Thanks for your help

Lawrence

4krow

Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:32:41 AM
 Lawrence,

Reassembly can always be a surprise. I suggest that if you don't find help here, that you go to the
 audioengine website. Guys, is that the right site? I'm having trouble remembering it since it's been a long time. In the meantime, I will search and report back.

4krow

Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:36:35 AM
  Now, I AM embarrassed! I thought that you were talking about a turntable motor! My mistake, and the site would have been 'vinyl engine'. Such a great site, but alas, does not pertain.

Offline sk8ter

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 09:03:57 AM
I totally understand...I am now feeling my ago and memory is not at good as it used to be :)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:05:24 AM
I have not taken one of the motors apart, so I can't be much help. i'd suggest asking on the Tape Project Forum, and if no one can help you there you might ask Jeff Jacobs at j-corder.com to talk you through it.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline sk8ter

Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 10:21:38 AM
Thanks Doc ...