Anyone build one yet?

dcham · 2944

Offline dcham

on: August 22, 2013, 04:19:56 PM
Any of the first owners of the 25 kits that went out, build them yet?

Reviews, comments please!

Offline isldkid

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 03:51:30 PM
Dcham, have mainline pretty much completed, dc voltage checked out at 6.3 and 385 volts.
If it weren't for me being such a klutz and dropping and loosing a attenuator resistor I would probably be enjoying the amp by this time.
Thanks to the great service that Queen Eileen extends to klutz like myself, I should receive the part Monday.
This is definitely a level three kit, with all the convenient  switching features designed into this unit, it required "my full" concentration reading, rereading the well written instructions, as any experienced carpenter will tell you to "measure twice cut once".
As another Bottlehead poster said PATIENCE! PATIENCE! PATIENCE!
This would certainly apply to the Mainline  kit.
Credit should be given to Doc, PJ, and everyone else involved in the design, writing of the assembly manual and countless other details in order to get this kit to market, kudos to the crew at Bottlehead for another great kit. FC

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 04:28:16 PM
That sums it up pretty well! Enjoy the process... TAKE YOUR TIME... Life is short. Your best times in life include the building of your kit!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline isldkid

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:38:11 PM
Eric, thanks advise well taken, will take my time and enjoy the rest of the build, will be listening to my speedball crack in the mean time, which is not entirely bad listening.   :) FC

Offline danox574

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 04:52:26 PM
I have assembled the physical layout and the current supply PCBs so far.  The manual is absolutely top notch.  I have assembled the Seduction with C4S, the Crack with Speedball, and the Stereomour - and although the Crack and Stereomour had strong manuals, this one is particularly well done.

No rush here either, my wife says she'll have the wooden base stained this weekend for me, so if all goes well it'll be coming together in the next week or so.

Offline dcham

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 05:12:12 AM
So just bumping to the top. Any impressions vs the other Bottlehead kits you have built, anyone?

Comments appreciated.
Dennis

Offline dubiousmike

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 01:55:38 PM
Dennis - take a look at isldkid's thread below.  Post #12.

Mike M.