Assistance with Reduction Voltages

mpent · 2391

Offline mpent

on: August 25, 2013, 03:24:24 AM
Completed Reduction. Resistances all within range. Voltages seem problematic as per manual. I have wildly fluctuating readings at the following pins which are all supposed to read 0V: 3, 10, 12, 21, 23, 28, 30, 46, 47. Also, pin 15 reads 77.3 but is supposed to read 0. Thanks for your assistance.

Michael

Michael

Offline mpent

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:47:00 AM
Anyone???????? Reading further, I see that Pin 15 is ok as there was an error in the manual which appears to have been fixed prior to me receiving my kit. Can anyone comment on the other pins and the reading I am geting, please?  Thanks again.

Michaek

Michael

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:21:55 AM
Is your meter auto ranging? Is it reading in very very low milivolts? On a cursory review of those terminals, most have no connection, or are the output of the signal. All of these should be zero, and what I think is happening is your meter is outputting a number that is not zero, but so low as to be essentially zero.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline mpent

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 06:28:00 AM
Thanks for your response.  I will double check the meter and readings when I get home from work later to see if it is reading milivolts.  If that is the case...is it safe to say that I am good to go?

Michael

Offline Grainger49

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 10:37:14 AM
Sorry, Michael.  There are only a few Reductions out there so you will have to, mostly, rely on the paid Bottleheads for answers on the Reduction.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 11:00:47 AM
Yes, you are good to go.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.