Quickie switches....

Dr. Toobz · 7972

Offline Dr. Toobz

on: February 19, 2010, 02:44:52 PM
Two quick questions! I've successfully drilled holes and installed two DPDT switches in my Quickie. Originally, these were going to allow for tap changes (for headphones) and bias changes (by switching cathode resistors) but I really don't need either at this point. So:

1) Would there be any problem with running a DPDT switch to allow a passthrough from the input switch to the output jacks when the pre-amp is not needed? (I'd take the output right off the parafeed cap and put the switch between it and the pin of the RCA's, and connect the other half of the switch to the hots on the input selector switch). Would I have to turn the amp off when switching the outputs from the pre-amp to a passthrough? There's times I just don't need the Quickie, like coming from my DAC, but I'd like to keep everything wired as-is without having a separate switchbox.

2) In a similar vien, how could I wire the other switch to take what's coming from the inouts and bridge it to mono? Some of my records are in mono, and some badly-remastered early 50's CD's I have took mono tapes and transferred them via stereo tape deck, resulting in the music being off-balance (or phasing between channels). It would be nice to flip a switch and get a perfectly-centered signal without "stereo" pops/crackles or unbalanced tape hiss. 

The Quickie is a blast! Some new tubes, LED's for light effects, and a few switches, and I'll have a totally personalized preamp.