Assistance with Crack build/resistance checks

HarryC · 1562

Offline HarryC

on: October 29, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my first time building anything of this type and my first time soldering as well. I wanted to know if you guys could assist me with an issue I'm having. I went through the build and got up to the resistance checks. The checks are okay except at terminal 13 and at B3.

The check at 13 jumps to 0.L rather quickly and doesn't climb slowly. At B3, I'm getting 0.00. This is with an Innova 3320 multimeter and having the ground probe at terminal 12. I've gone and re-soldered the red wire as well as replaced the red wire from 8 to B3 twice with no luck.

I've haven't started the voltage checks since I couldn't get past the resistance checks. I can move onto voltage checks and provide pictures of specific areas if necessary.

Thank you,
Harry

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:52:48 AM

The check at 13 jumps to 0.L rather quickly and doesn't climb slowly. At B3, I'm getting 0.00. This is with an Innova 3320 multimeter and having the ground probe at terminal 12. I've gone and re-soldered the red wire as well as replaced the red wire from 8 to B3 twice with no luck.

There is no red wire from 8 to B3, it goes from 7 to B3.  If you move this connection, you should be OK to move on to voltages.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man