Finished the Quickie tonight!

aragorn723 · 1118

Offline aragorn723

on: November 21, 2013, 04:46:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Tonight I finished the Quickie!  The resistance and voltage numbers came out good, so it is up and running in my system now.  This was my first real kit (had a few experiences with kits, i.e. a velleman pre-amp kit and a few others) and this was the first successful one!  Thanks everyone for the help and advice.  The volume is low now (baby's asleep) but I can hear a high level of clarity in the midrange that hasn't been in the system before.  This weekend I should be able to get to louder levels and get a better feel for the sound.  It is also very smooth in the treble and has well-defined bass.  Below are a few pictures (the actual color is darker than the pictures).  The only issue is that there is a low hum on the b-side..  Will a wire from the ground bus to the amp fix that?  I have some thin gauge (maybe 22?) hookup wire, would that work?  The other thing is microphonics..  Gotta figure out something for at too..  (and there is a sound sort of like crickets???) At some point I need to build a base too.  Overall, it was a great build experience, and the directions were excellent..  Two thumbs up  8)