Wow! Listening to new Quickie.

TheSparkle · 8319

Offline TheSparkle

on: March 08, 2010, 02:22:06 PM
I just can't stop listening to take pictures right now.  I got the kit from the end of February shipment and completed it last night.  I had to buy a soldering iron and watch a soldering video as I am a total neophyte with any electronics.  Lucky me, I got a white pearl plate.  It was easy and fun to put together, and all the checks were right on.  I hooked it up his evening, and I'm just running this through my Marantz 2285 BD's main in connection through a pair of Klipsch Forte speakers with an Oppo DV 980H DVD player as the source.  With just this setup I notice a definite improvement, and I think I'm just getting hooked on something, LOL!

++an edit
Wow, I just switched CD's.  Am I insane?  I can't believe the change in the sound quality.  This little 'gadget' has totally changed the sound quality of my mostly vintage/hybrid budget system.  I'm going to have to try the SEX amp I think, and hopefully the Klipsch Fortes will be sensitive enough.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:44:03 PM by TheSparkle »

Offline machinehead

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 05:19:42 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun!

I love the Forte's!

You are very brave buying an iron, watching a video and putting this together, that is awesome!