Thanks for all the orders!

Doc B. · 19558

Offline levlhed

Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 12:22:13 PM
I placed my order today #1272908708 to Plymouth, WI.  I know it will be a ways out yet before you are shipping the next batch, but is there a general idea yet on when that will be? (assuming there are no other parts/supply delays)  I know that there will likely be delays anyway..so I won't be surprised if ETA's are overshot.
I couldn't glean from the previous posts what/when...

Thank you!

Technics SL-1200 "MKE" ~> DL103r w/Ruby Cantilever & Contact Line Stylus ~> Audioquest PT-9 ~> Bobs Devices Cinemag SUT ~> Vista Audio PHOHO-1+ ACLE ~> Bottlehead Crack w. Speedball ~> Beyerdynamic T1

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 01:09:31 PM
Yours will be from the third production run, which seems to be selling just as fast as the first two. Those parts were just recently ordered, and it typically takes about three weeks to get them in (when our suppliers are not running behind). Then of course it takes us a few days to get the parts kitted and the kits packed and shipped.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline eeyore

• Blog
Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 07:28:03 PM
Hi, my order is 1272851504 and I presume the wait would be 4 weeks from now plus shipping?

David

Bottlehead Crack :: HD650, Beyer DT880(600), ATH-D700

Offline Grainger49

Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 04:49:47 AM
Any estimate now would just be a guess and get your hopes up.  Let Doc and the crew get the parts in and I am certain he will keep the board posted when they are packing.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 07:10:04 AM
Grainger is right here. I am pretty much just the hand waving CEO when it comes to this stuff, and I can't really give you specific info about a specific order number because I don't have a firm ETA from my vendors concerning the parts. What I am giving is my best estimate based upon past performance (about 4 weeks), but actual dates can slip either way by a week or two, or even more. We will do our best to keep folks informed as we learn more info and build a more clear picture of the estimated ship dates. 

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline levlhed

Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 05:26:52 AM
I understand completely!

edit:

The other burning question of course is the relationship of orders in the third run and the "tube lottery" :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:10:08 AM by levlhed »

Technics SL-1200 "MKE" ~> DL103r w/Ruby Cantilever & Contact Line Stylus ~> Audioquest PT-9 ~> Bobs Devices Cinemag SUT ~> Vista Audio PHOHO-1+ ACLE ~> Bottlehead Crack w. Speedball ~> Beyerdynamic T1

Offline aristos_achaion

Reply #51 on: May 09, 2010, 06:40:40 PM
I've almost got my Crack done (my first DIY kit). I got caught by the 14U/15U slipup (I've ended up just clipping that wire and wiring it to 22, as in the original manual, since getting to 14/15 to desolder the cap was getting a bit tricky), but other than that, things have been wonderful! (Replacing parts I broke, great instruction manual & form, :-) ).

Offline Grainger49

Reply #52 on: May 10, 2010, 12:36:12 AM
My first Bottlehead kit was the Seduction.  It had the best layout of any kit I had ever assembled.  The instructions were clear and easy to follow.

The new manuals put that very good one to shame.  It would have cost more to make the manuals as Doc does in the old days than the parts cost of the kit.  Computers are sometimes our friends, but don't arm them.

Offline tdogzthmn

• Industrial Designer
Reply #53 on: May 18, 2010, 12:05:23 PM
I was wondering if an estimated date has been given for the shipment of the third production run?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #54 on: May 18, 2010, 12:54:34 PM
The key thing we are waiting for is power transformers which have an estimated arrival date of around June 3rd or 4th. So if that holds true we would begin packing and shipping around the end of the first week of June.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.