Capacitor Leads

Grainger49 · 9978

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 12:11:12 PM
Do you think the fix will have much effect on headphones? Please could you post back your impressions of using this with your headphones Grainger.

Headphones can be somewhat bass-heavy, so I wouldn't expect the BSC aspect to be all that desirable.  On the other hand, there are those cans that roll off a lot on the top end, and being able to bump that up a bit could be nice.

Thanks Paul

Jamie,

I use the Fix with my Orca/Dungeness speakers.  I don't listen to headphones.  Well, not since some time in the 1990s.

Yep, I had my posters muddled up it was the post by boulos on using headphones with the sex sorry for confusion I have edited my previous post.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 12:14:19 PM by JamieMcC »

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline boulos

Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 06:24:47 AM
Hi Jamie,
I have the ATH-AD700 headphones.  People seem to agree that these are light on bass, and definitely the BSC made a very audible difference. The lower registers are much more apparent, and the spectrum was filled.  The same levels I used for my speakers worked best here (narrowest baffle, 4db).  I had a much harder time discerning differences with the treble compensation.  I ended up setting it at 20kHz, 4dB.  At this setting, I could hear the ringing in the higher notes (e.g. classical guitar harmonics), but it's very subtle.  I hope this is a reasonable description.

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 07:49:52 AM
Hi Jamie,
I have the ATH-AD700 headphones.  People seem to agree that these are light on bass, and definitely the BSC made a very audible difference. The lower registers are much more apparent, and the spectrum was filled.  The same levels I used for my speakers worked best here (narrowest baffle, 4db).  I had a much harder time discerning differences with the treble compensation.  I ended up setting it at 20kHz, 4dB.  At this setting, I could hear the ringing in the higher notes (e.g. classical guitar harmonics), but it's very subtle.  I hope this is a reasonable description.

Thanks that is good to know that there is an audible difference on with headphone I was thinking it would be interesting tweaking and seeing what effects can be discerned to suit individual phones and tastes I quiet like the idea of being able to apply a little fine tuning if needed.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!